Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Jordan Future

All Photos taken from Complex

I was surprised seeing this pop up on sneaker blogs I routinely check on my morning net troll. Named the Jordan Future, this shoe certainly looks to take both literal and figurative steps in a new direction for Jordan Brand's lifestyle offerings.
On-Court Components, Off-Court Style. 

Not counting the retros, Jordan models designed for off-court use have been generally underwhelming in recent times. Now while this isn't an entirely new shoe, I'm definitely interested to see where the folks at JB take this concept. I say this because most sneakerheads will easily point out the use of the iconic Air Jordan 11's underpinnings. And resting on top of those components is a woven upper that employs off-center lacing, very reminiscent of Nike's Inneva and Footscape models. The craftsmanship alone is something that warrants a closer look. And with 3M threads mixed into the weave, the Jordan Future has all the makings to be a subtle head turner.


The colorway shown in the pictures isn't anything memorable, but should a "Bred" makeup surface, I'm sure that's bound to get a few more tongues wagging and a lot more folks eager to cop this simple play on the past and future of Jordan Brand.


Look for the Jordan Future to drop on March 1.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like I'm getting this as a birthday present to myself. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete