Sunday, November 10, 2013

Exercises in Deconstruction.

Back when I was in college, it was a requirement to take up 12 units of Philosophy. Now I don't remember much, but one of the things I do was deconstruction - finding contradictions in things by delving below what we take at face value. What does this all mean? I don't know. I was just lucky to have graduated, and I thought it'd be a pretty oddball segue into talking about these new Vans drops at Sole Academy.

All photos from the Sole Academy Facebook Page. 



You don't need to be a philosopher to appreciate just how badass these Vans Authentic Decon CA's are. When you keep things simple, it's pretty hard to mess up the design on an Authentic. That's when they become timeless and enables them to seamlessly work themselves into pretty much anybody's personal style. These decons do just that. No-frills design, just premium pig suede uppers in toned down colors mixed in with clean white midsoles, eyelets, and laces. Leather interior lining and the trademark Vans Waffle Soles done up in contrasting colors round out the details.

Bright colors found literally below subdued exteriors? That's a contradiction! So maybe I did know a little more about deconstruction than I thought I did.

Pick up a pair at Sole Academy Katipunan for P3698.

No comments:

Post a Comment