Monday, March 17, 2014

Heat Hub PH Feature - Kris Mallari


As mentioned in a previous post, I go through local online sneaker groups pretty much everyday to check out what's new. Most of the time, people post what they're looking to sell, and not too many shots of people actually enjoying the kicks they buy. That was the motivation for me to start Heat Hub PH, to have a place where people actually show off what's on their feet.



Every now and then, I'll devote an entry to highlight some of the group's members, and try to find out what it is that got them into the shoe game. Kicking off this new segment of the blog is Kris Mallari and his Kobe 9 "Masterpiece".





Me: Hi Kris! How long have you been collecting?

Kris (K): I haven't been collecting for that long. I just noticed over time that I had a lot of casual sneakers like DCs, Vans, and Lacoste. As for basketball sneakers, I used to have a number of LeBrons but my relatives would usually get them as they got old.


Me: Do you still play ball though? 

K: Yup! Right now I've got the Kobe 8 "Easter", Kobe 9 "Masterpiece", and a pair of LeBron 11s in rotation.

Me: Any favorite brands that you go after? 

K: Nike all the way! My options are pretty open though, except for maybe Adidas because I never really liked the brand anyway.

Me: What sneakers are you looking to pick up in the future?

K: I'm looking out for some Jordans because I don't have a pair of my own yet. I'm gonna start with the Black/Red 1s and see where I go from there. It might be premature, but I'm already looking forward to the Kobe 10 because I want to know how Kobe's going to change the basketball sneaker world again.

***

If you want to get featured, contribute to the Heat Hub PH group and use the #HeatHubPH tag on Twitter/Instagram!




No comments:

Post a Comment