Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Nike Magista has been Revealed



Nike's Flyknit technology is absolutely blowing up this year!

The material made its first foray into the world of basketball with the release of the Kobe IX Elite last month. And now, look for it to head to the pitch with the unveiling of the Nike Magista.


Although it doesn't hold the distinction of being the first football shoe to employ a knitted upper, it doesn't really matter. Flyknit's still the material that makes athletes, sneakerheads, and menswear bros alike collectively cream their pants. I haven't played a serious game of football in a couple of years, but just looking at the shoes makes me wish I still did.





Looks wise, it's not hard to spot just how the Magista goes against the conventions of football boot design. The decision to bring the height up to a mid-top must have had something to do with providing the wearer with extra support to go along with a sock-like fit. The increased height isn't a drastic change, but anyone who's seen the Kobe XI Elite's should have had an idea it was bound to happen.


No word yet on a release date, but there are already promo materials featuring FC Barcelona star Andres Iniesta (about damn time he got his own shoe) making the rounds on the interwebz. Footballers, Flag footballers, and Ultimate Frisbee players might want to stay up to date with the blog once I find out any info on when these shoes drop.



Also, it'd be greatly appreciated to send any input performance-wise my way when they drop. I'd pick up a pair myself to try and great back in the game, but I value retaining the primary functions of both my legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment