Tuesday, July 2, 2013

5 Pairs of Sneakers To Rock Right Now.


When you get older, there are some habits you have to let go of. However, there are always a few that die hard.

I used to be a pretty big sneakerhead when I was younger. Day in and day out back then, that was pretty much all I had on my feet. I'll admit, the feeling of copping a new pair was pretty addicting. In the years that have passed since college, I've since learned to appreciate footwear that isn't a fresh pair of dunks, but I still try to keep myself updated with what's out there.   

If you're big on sneakers, this should pretty much be old news to you. But if you're not, or if you're looking for a cool new pair to show off, try these on for size: 

1.       Nike Roshe Run
I think it's safe to say that Nike's made themselves a modern classic. The Nike Roshe Run is an good example of winning over people not through innovation, but with effectivity. There's no ground-breaking technology in its construction, it's just a product of minimalist design with a clear intent for everyday use. The version I have is the one with the mesh upper, which really allows your feet to breathe. Couple that with a crazy level of comfort and you've got a shoe that makes for a great shoe to wear if ever you'll be walking a lot. 

2. Nike Flyknit One

If the previous shoe was an example of minimalist design, I think the Nike Flyknit One is a good example of the opposite. The revolutionary upper is intended to ensure a fit that really conforms to the wearer's feet, while Nike's Lunarlon technology brings the comfort whether you'll be running in them, or wearing them just to show off. 


3.       Converse All-Star
You can never go wrong with a pair of Chucks. You can wear them to dressier occasions as much as you can wear them into the ground. The pair in the picture has seen a good 2 years of use. They're relatively affordable, and they're one of the few sneakers that just looks better the more beat up they get. 

4.       Vans Authentic

I used to think Chucks and Vans had some sort of East Coast-West Coast thing between them. Regardless of where you're from, the Authentic is a timeless silhouette, one you don't have to be a skater to appreciate. Definitely my favorite style out of the whole Vans range. 



5.       New Balance 574
I'm pretty late to the New Balance party, but this silhouette reminded me so much of a pair of dream sneakers that I just can't seem to find now (Nike Air Stabs, bring them back). Retro styled, yet sleek enough to not look out of place in 2013. 
Do you have any other choice sneakers to wear right now? Don't hesitate to tell me about them! :) I'm always up for hearing your opinions :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment