Monday, July 15, 2013

The Herschel Supply Co. Heritage


People say that backpacks only belong to schoolchildren. I beg to differ. I think if a backpack is made with simple, classic sensibilities in mind, it can hold its own no matter how old the wearer gets.

Below is a backpack that I believe embodies those sensibilities – a Navy Heritage Backpack from Herschel Supply Co. In the span of time since I've owned one, I've been using it day in and day out, bringing it to work and the occasional trips out of the country. And to reinforce how much I don't believe in backpacks belonging to the school-going set, I got it soon after I graduated college. 



No crazy features went into this backpack, just simple, straightforward design with a few tasteful deviations. The backpack itself is moderate in size, featuring a two-tone color scheme that mixes a canvas upper with faux-leather accents. Inside, this model of the Heritage sports a nice candy-striped inner lining seen in both the front pocket, and the inner compartment.


The Heritage is pretty generous in terms of space, with a front pocket to keep smaller things, an inner compartment to house others, and a dedicated laptop pocket as well! To give you a better idea of how spacious the Heritage is, below is what I normally bring with me to work, especially now that the rainy season's here. 



1. Lightweight Waterproof Parka - My folding sucks, but they're easy to stash once the rains die down.

2. Camera 

3. Laptop, laptop sleeve and charger

4. Headphones 

5. Umbrella

6. A book I'm currently reading

Certain variations of these items are pretty much what goes into my Heritage on a daily basis. Even once all that stuff is inside, the Heritage is far from bulky! The load may be considerable, but that's what the padded straps are for. 

All in all, The Herschel Supply Heritage is a backpack that's at home on campus, in the office, and the great outdoors as well. The design is simple, timeless, and most importantly functional. Wherever you're going, bring one with you and you'll sure enjoy your stay.

***
Herschel Supply Co. Products are available at Bratpack stores, as well as The General inside Bonifacio High Street Central.

Herschel Supply is on Facebook 




No comments:

Post a Comment