Sunday, July 7, 2013

Uniqlo x Michael Bastian - My Picks.

Sometime about 2 months ago, Uniqlo released a collection done in collaboration with American menswear designer Michael Bastian. I tend to look forward to designer collaborations with big retail brands because I can get products of a certain vision at a more affordable price point - pretty much a nicer way to say those are the only "designer" items I can afford. Haha!

Though collaborations of this nature can be pretty hit-or-miss, I really took to this one because it centered on a classic menswear staple - the polo shirt.

The collection in itself is pretty diverse, with shirts ranging from plains, stripes, and prints that explore the American-Japanese connection the very collection is founded on. In the photo below are the shirts I got for myself during a trip to Hong Kong 2 months ago. Nothing too quirky, just simple color-blocked shirts that are wearable throughout the only 2 seasons we have in the Philippines - hot and rainy. The shirts' fabric is pretty breathable, the sleeve length isn't too long nor too short, and the fit is relaxed without looking too loose. I did mention the affordable price point, right?


In this country, each polo shirt costs P990, certainly more affordable than most things from either Michael Bastian's label or his collections for Gant. They're available in Uniqlo stores, so pick some up if you haven't already!

If you want to check out the entire Uniqlo x Michael Bastian collection, click HERE.

Got any favorites from the collection? Which ones did you pick up? Any other upcoming collabs to get excited about? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment