Sunday, July 14, 2013

Different Setting, Same Animal - The Nike Kobe 8 NSW Lifestyle "Gorge Green"

If you've known me long enough, you know that I'm a big fan of the Los Angeles Lakers and that Kobe Bryant is my favorite basketball player. I was heartbroken at the end of last season seeing Kobe go down with an achilles injury that set into motion a series of events that resulted in the Lakers getting swept out of the first round of the NBA Playoffs. Kobe's my favorite player because he's the ultimate competitor. Countless times he's proven that adversity fuels his fire. And with that, I think the Los Angeles Lakers are going to come back strong next season.

My love for Kobe and the Lakers just falls under a greater love for the game of basketball. However, I haven't played in years, and to call my game "pretty rusty" is putting it lightly. However, when I heard that "lifestyle" editions of Kobe's eight signature Nike sneakers had released, the thought of copping them popped in my mind faster than it took Reggie Miller to score 8 points against the New York Knicks in 1995.
Kobe 8 NSW Lifestyle LE
(Gorge Green/Black-Sail) 

The Nike Kobe 8 NSW Lifestyle takes the low-cut silhouette of the Kobe 8 and retools it with an offcourt sensibility in mind. Gone are the fancy bits of technology needed to maximize basketball performance. In their place is a comfy cupsole and a stitched midsole in an nod to classic sneaker styling.



This pair retains the "snake" aesthetics which have been a running theme in Kobe's sneaker line. The gorge green "scales" are eye-catching enough without being obnoxious, while more subtle details like the waxed cotton laces and purple soles add to their premium feel. They also come in this sweet, retro Nike Sportswear box.



I got my pair at the Titan flagship store in Bonifacio Global City, where this and another Kobe 8 lifestyle release are exclusively available. If you love basketball (or at least sneakers) and haven't been to Titan, you're missing out! If you want to a cop a pair, or some other awesome sneakers, you know what they say. Don't sleep.

***

The Titan Flagship store is located at the ground level of the Two Parkade Building, right beside Bonifacio High Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment