Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jesus Walks, and Shoots Really Really Well From 3 Point Land.

I may have mentioned this in another blog entry before, but I'll say it again. I love the Los Angeles Lakers. How is this relevant? Because Titan and local streetwear brand Progress are teaming up to launch a capsule collection inspired by Jesus Shuttlesworth, a movie character once played by Ray Allen of the Miami Heat.

All images are from the Titan 22 website.

Yup, the very same Miami Heat who have won the last 2 NBA championships. The same team Ray Allen was on when he hit a 3 to tie the game and save Miami's title hopes in game 6 in the finals series against the Spurs last year. We all know what happened after that. Barring any negative backlash coming from Heat (I come in peace, I know there's a lot of you out there) fans, I have come to accept the Heat's emergence as a real team to be reckoned with, and I will concede that Ray Allen's Got Game. Hah. See what I did there? 

After seeing pictures pop up on Instagram, the whole collection features nicely done appropriations of religious imagery, which if you've been following streetwear, has been quite a popular move for many brands as of late. But so far, I haven't seen anything quite like this. 

Check out images of the Titan 22 x Progress "Jesus" Capsule Collection below and get a live look on October 30, Wednesday, 6 PM at the Titan 22 Flagship store over at Two Parkade, Bonifacio Global City. And from the looks of the poster above, we're gonna be in for some solid DJ sets and Mexican food too!
Titan x Progress "Shuttlesworth" Jersey @ P2495
WOW.


Titan x Progress "Jesus Saves" Pullover Hoodie @ P2295



Titan X Progress "Jesus Saves" Tee @ P995

Titan x Progress "Jesus Saves" Socks @ P795



No comments:

Post a Comment