Monday, October 28, 2013

Mob Mentality.

I walked into the Adidas store in Greenbelt last Sunday with my dad and sister and found myself pleasantly surprised with what I saw on display. No, it wasn't the Adidas x Mark McNairy collabs (more on those in another entry). In fact, I didn't notice them until my sister pointed them out to me.

Adidas brought in a pretty limited supply of the "Black Flag" Wings 2.0 sneakers designed by Jeremy Scott in collaboration with the A$AP Mob's flag-bearer, Pretty Flacko himself, A$AP Rocky. No small feat considering how in demand/sold out these are in other parts of the world.

Beautiful. The Tech Super lurking in the background is mighty fine too.
Design wise, Jeremy Scott's collaborations with Adidas have been pretty out there to say the least. Even with the all-black colorway, that doesn't change one bit. Subtle, asymmetrical details abound upon closer inspection, with stars dotting one shoe with stripes lining the other. The ballistic nylon used in the upper is amazing, and even if they aren't my style at all, I just had to try them on.

Hardly a Fashion Killa.
Yup, definitely not my style at all, but I can't deny that these shoes are beautiful. They're my favorite out of all the Adidas and Jeremy Scott collabs thus far. These pictures do not do them justice. This is a pair you have to see up close to really appreciate. A$AP Rocky and the rest of the mob may Live Long, but I don't think these are gonna last long on shelves. If you wanna stunt like you're in the A$AP Mob, or like a street goth at lest, cop a pair at selected Adidas stores for P10,995.

Again, awesome job Adidas Philippines for bringing these in! My fingers are still crossed on the Mutombo retros though!





No comments:

Post a Comment