Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Ugliest Sneaker of 2013.

2013 isn't done yet, but it's been a year that saw tons of solid sneaker releases across a whole lot of brands. Many have been straight-up fire, while some rode on the hype wave to conceal how lackluster or downright hideous they really were. Out of all the kicks that I think fell in the latter category, it wasn't too difficult to pick out what I think is The Ugliest Sneaker of 2013 - The Nike "Thermal Map" Foamposites.

Image from http://bit.ly/1bw3f7O
I've never owned a pair of foams, but I've been a fan of its simpler renditions. If I had the means, I would have picked up a pair of the eggplant, royal, or copper ones. I don't know if designers think that putting crazy prints on foams would consistently make them sought after items, but every since the hype for them got out of control, that's all I've been seeing.

Image from http://bit.ly/1bw3PT5

Sure, I'll concede that there are a few printed foams that I wouldn't mind copping, but these are just hideous. No offense to foam heads, but I wouldn't want to wear a print on my feet that looks like stains from a girl's time of the month. They're not too far detached from the "Weatherman" foams that released as well, which aren't as ugly, but still pretty bad looking to me. If you ask me, that whole weatherman theme should have stayed with KD's line, and even his shoe kept it way simple!

Fingers crossed for a return to simpler designs in 2014!






No comments:

Post a Comment